To apply click on the Register button on the left.
Call for Applicants: Young Scholar Grants for 8th European Communication Conference, Braga 2020
- The ECREA Young Scholars Network (YECREA) and ECREA invites applications for:
- 12 ECC 2020 grants for young scholars who are ECREA PhD members and are accepted to present at ECC;
- At least 4 out of the 12 grants will go to soft-currency ECREA PhD members;
- Grant for regular ECREA PhD members: conference fee waiver + €250 travel/accommodation;
- Grant for soft-currency ECREA PhD members: conference fee waiver + €350 travel/accommodation;
- Deadline for application: 15th of May 2020
The grants are intended for YECREA members (visit yecrea.eu/membership to learn how to become a YECREA member) in order to support access to the academic community of media and communication scholars by attending ECREA’s biannual conference from 2nd to 5th October 2020 in Braga, Portugal. The ECC 2020 grants include the waiver of the conference fee and partial reimbursement for costs of travel and accommodation.
Grant awards will be made based on several criteria, of which the most important is the applicants’ access to financial resources (e.g. from your home university, third-party funded projects or national funding institutions). The grants will be awarded only to young scholars whose presentation has been accepted to the programme of the conference. The applications will not be reviewed in terms of academic quality. However, applicants should preferably submit abstracts as first authors to the ECC conference programme.
The grants will be provided on the basis of reimbursement. The relevant claim form, digitalized invoices and receipts documenting actual costs must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to the submission of the original documents posted to the ECREA accountants: RSM Belgium, Lozenberg, 22 b3, B1932 Zaventem, Belgium. The applicant will be reimbursed up to the amount of the subsidy that was granted to the particular applicant.
Application & Timeline ECC Grants 2020
Applicants are expected to complete and submit the Application Form by clicking on "Register" button on the left.
If selected for a grant, you will be asked to send a proof of acceptance to the conference (forwarding e-mail of acceptance of your presentation) as well as some evidence of your PhD or post-doctoral research status (e.g. prove of enrollment or link to your home university profile).
To apply, please complete the form no later than by 15th of May 2020. We will notify the applicants by 5th of June 2020. All grantees should confirm their attendance till 15th of June.
Timeline ECC Braga
Important dates are:
- 15th June: Participants need to confirm their participation at the ECC (deadline updated)
- 15th June: Registration opens
- Early bird registration deadline will be extended, please see the conference website for updates.
For further information, please contact the YECREA management team (Johan Farkas, Corinna Lauerer and Norbert Šinković): email@example.com .