UCFB Wembley Campus
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 per annum, depending upon qualifications and experience (plus a 10% London Weighting allowance if applicable)
Contract Type: Permanent
Interviews: Week commencing 24/05/2021
Do you want to be part of a truly unique approach to higher education, one that puts students at the heart of everything we do enabling them to have the best possible chance of a successful career in the football and sports industry?
University Campus of Football Business & Global Institute of Sport
University Campus of Football Business (UCFB) is a world first in sports education. Delivering university degrees in the football and sports industry, our inspirational campuses in London and Manchester have the iconic Wembley Stadium and the Etihad Stadium at their heart. Proudly the fastest-growing higher education institution in the UK since launching in 2011, we continue to lead the field in producing the next generation of graduates to work in the global football and sports sector.
UCFB also counts a number of elite organisations among its partners, including The Football Association, Kick It Out, the League Managers Association, the National League and the Rugby Football League.
This role will be based at our UCFB Wembley campus, which is situated inside and around the immediate vicinity of the iconic Wembley Stadium, London including teaching facilities that overlook the famous turf, providing not only students but also our staff with a truly unique inspiring and iconic working environment.
To teach on a programme of study and to maintain teaching and learning standards to deliver an excellent student experience.
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree and Master’s degree educated in a disciplines related to Multimedia Sports Journalism and have some teaching experience in a Higher Education Institution.
- To teach on designated modules and programme of study as the Head/ Assistant Head of Academics may specify
- Maintain academic standards and adhere to the programme and module specifications
- Design and deliver teaching materials at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including contributing to the curriculum review and enhancement, in a manner that supports and focuses on student learning outcomes.
- Preparation and delivery of modules-lectures and seminar materials at various levels.
- Challenge thinking and foster debate to develop the ability for students to engage in critical discourse and rational thinking, stimulating excellence.
- Identify learning needs of students and define appropriate learning objectives
- Supervise the work of students - including student project, field trips, and where appropriate, placement - and provide advice on study skills.
- Undertake student assessments and examination activities including the provision of appropriate feedback to students.
- Marking, assessing and internal verification of students work
- Engage in continuous professional development
- Develop familiarity with a variety of strategies to promote and assess learning
- Have in-depth understanding of own specialism to enable the development of new knowledge and understanding within the field
- Balance the pressures of teaching, personal research and administrative demands and competing deadlines.
- To participate in the department seminars aimed at knowledge sharing and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- Act as a responsible team member and develop productive working relationships with other members of staff.
- Participate in and develop external networks that promote UCFB and contribute to and build relationships for future activities.
- Collaborate with colleagues on the development and implementation of assessment procedures.
- Be responsible for the pastoral care of students within a specified area
- Act as personal tutor, providing first line support
- Refer students to appropriate services providing future help (student services).
- Achieve key academic performance indicators, attendance, retention and achievement
- Report to the programme leader on programme performance and progress
- Maintain high levels of student satisfaction rates
- Complete module review and evaluation
- To undertake appropriate staff development and professional training in line with the business objectives of UCFB
- Participate in research and personal professional development
- To work within the policies of Health and Safety and Equal Opportunities
- To work flexibly and responsibly and undertake any other duties relevant to the level of the post.
What we offer in return
In return not only will you have the opportunity to make life-transforming, career making education, but we offer a whole range of financial and non-financial benefits too:
- Enhanced occupational sick pay
- Life assurance
- Free eye tests and VDU glasses
- Flexible benefits package with Perkbox (some of which includes health cash plan, Dencover, half price cinema tickets, discounted private health insurance, discounted gym membership, hundreds of high street discounts and much more)
Family friendly benefits:
- Enhanced occupational maternity/paternity pay
- Compassionate leave/time off for dependants
- Competitive holiday entitlement
- Christmas closure
- Day off for your birthday
- 24/7 employee support hub (via Perkbox)
- Flexible working
- Continuing professional development
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Annual family barbeque
- Staff led events committee
- End of year review day and awards dinner
- Back to work conference
Working hours: Working hours normally 8.30am - 5pm but may involve additional and unsocial working hours depending on the nature of the event and occasional travel between campus.
Please note that if you do not have permission to work in the UK, UCFB will not be able to obtain a Certificate of Sponsorship for you to take up this position. All non EU/EAA candidates must have valid immigration status and/or a UK visa valid for the duration of the contract in order to be considered for this role.
Click here for a full detailed job description and person specification.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form which can be downloaded on the following link:
All applications should be made to email@example.com addressed to HR setting out your suitability for the role and motivation for joining our pioneering institution.
Due to our commitment to equality and diversity we operate a blind recruitment process and therefore will not accept CV’s.