December 2, 2022
Instytut Nauk o Komunikacji Społecznej i Mediach, Lublin (Poland)
Deadline: October 15, 2022
Continuing our research meetings focused on specific issues of mediatization research chaired by eminent experts (Göran Bolin (2017), Johan Fornäs (2018), Andreas Hepp (2019), Mark Deuze (2020) André Jansson (2021)), this year the workshop will take place online on the 2 December 2022 and it will be led by Professor Andrew Hoskins, University of Glasgow.
The title of this year's edition is: Mediatization of War
We invite all mediatization researchers who wish to discuss their own research projects in a narrow and closed group of media scholars under the guidance of an expert.
This year we would like to dedicate the workshop to such topics of contributions as:
- Mediatization of war, invasion, armed conflict
- Mediatization of war refugees and humanitarian crisis
- Mediating the politics of war: manipulation, propaganda, and persuasion
- The importance of cyber warfare in mediatization
- Between mediatization of military, economy and culture
- Looping crises and their mediatization: war, pandemic, environment, markets
- The relationship between data, attention and control in contemporary war
- The gathering and potential (mis)use of open source information in shaping perceptions, and the memory and forgetting of war, and in pursuing the prosecution of war crimes
The idea and format of the meeting is based on a closed specialization workshop in a formula proven in the previous editions, i.e.:
- participants work on different types of materials (articles, works in progress, proposals, theses, reports, drafts etc.) under the guidance of the expert;
- meeting is preceded by substantive preparation by the expert and all participants on the basis of materials circulated among all participants in advance;
- during the meeting all participants focus on group discussion and expert feedback (presentations and speeches are limited to a minimum);
- seminar is preceded by an introductory lecture by the leader.
*There is no conference fee.
[15.10.2022] - submissions of proposals
Please use the form available below; other submission will not be accepted
[31.10.2022] - notification of acceptance of proposals
[28.11.2022]- submission of materials for discussion (only pdf format is accepted)
[29.11-1.12.2022] - preparation for the workshop by the leader and all participants
[2.12.2022] - closed online workshop (Google Meets will be used)
Any substantive questions about the workshop can be answered by Katarzyna Kopecka-Piech, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.