Deadline: October 7, 2022
Universidade Católica Portuguesa
The Research Centre for Communication and Culture (CECC), at the School of Human Sciences, Universidade Católica Portuguesa, is currently welcoming applications for the position of Post-doctoral Assistant Researcher in the area of Communication Sciences. The deadline for applications is 7 October 2022 (by 5 pm, Lisbon time).
The successful candidate will work at the Lisbon campus of Universidade Católica Portuguesa, and their activities will include the following:
- Designing research projects in the area of Media Studies and submitting these for assessment by financing entities in line with CECC's strategic plan for the period of 2022/2028;
- Publishing any research results in books and journals with national and international reach;
- Organizing scientific events in the area of Media Studies in line with CECC's strategic plan for the period of 2022/2028;
- Participating in national and international research networks whose objectives fall within CECC's strategic plan for the period of 2022/2028;
- Participating in CECC's internal events aimed at doctoral training and the promotion of scientific debate among peers;
- Participating in work meetings and internal reflection forums organised by CECC and its research groups, as well as in meetings that monitor strategic actions and ongoing activities.
Remuneration and length of contract
Gross monthly pay shall be €3,230.21 plus meal allowance, to which will be added annual leave and Christmas allowances. The estimated duration of the contract is 70 months and will not, under any circumstances, be above 72 months.
The following may apply: any national, foreign, or stateless candidates who hold a PhD in Communication Sciences or related scientific fields and who furthermore hold a scientific and professional CV that reveals a profile appropriate to the activities to be developed.
The assessment criteria are as follows: scientific output and relevance, participation in scientific projects and conferences, student supervision, scientific dissemination activities, knowledge transfer, and other relevant activities and experience. The assessment process additionally includes an interview with the candidates ranked in the top three positions. The weighting of criteria is as follows:
Scientific and curricular path (SP):
a) Scientific and technological output: 80%;
b) Applied or practice-based research activities: 15%;
c) Knowledge extension and dissemination activities: 5%;
d) Interview (I).
An interview (I) will be conducted with the top three placed candidates, intended to clarify aspects related to their research. They will be asked to make a 10-minute presentation (including a PowerPoint presentation), in which they display their contributions to the research field. Interviewed candidates will be awarded a new classification in addition to the one initially indicated, based on the following formula:
- Final classification = 90% SP+ 10% I
- Formal application procedure
- Applications shall include the following documents:
- PhD completion certificate, with indication of date of completion.
Applications are formalized by sending the required documentation to email@example.com. Applications must be submitted in English.
Candidates are advised to consult the full Public Notice for this Call for Applications, available at: https://fch.lisboa.ucp.pt/calls-opportunities-cecc