March 22-23, 2023
University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg School for Communication, USA/online
You are warmly invited to attend our free hybrid symposium, Doing Global Media Studies: Theories, Practices, Reflections. This event will take place in person and via Zoom at the University of Pennsylvania’s Annenberg School for Communication between March 22nd and 23rd. Colleagues within commuting distance from Philadelphia are welcome to attend the symposium in person. The roundtable events will be made accessible as hybrid webinars.
- Materialities of the Global South (Ahmed Alrawi, Simran Bhalla, Daniella Gáti, Ennuri Jo, moderated by Tupur Chatterjee)
- Global Media Territories (Stephen N. Borunda, Tony Cho, FengYi Yin, Tinghao Zhou, moderated by Rahul Mukherjee)
- Transnational Activism and Archival Practices (Sima Kokotović, Amal Shafek, Yidong (Steven) Wang, Yilan Wang, William Lafi Youmans, moderated by Heather Jaber)
- (Re)Shaping Global Markets Through Cultural Production (Bizaa Zeynab Ali, Yasemin Y. Celikkol, Madison Mellon, Jaana Serres, moderated by Celeste Wagner)
- Exporting Global Nationalisms (Veronika Hermann, Seung-Hoon Jeong, Nisarg P., Nansong Zhou, moderated by Chenshu Zhou)
For the full program including abstracts and speaker bios, please see our symposium website: https://cargc-fellows-conference.mailchimpsites.com/
The CARGC Fellows' Symposium is held biennially. This year's symposium celebrates the 10 year anniversary of the Center and reflects on evolving concepts and methodologies of “the global” in the field of communication and media studies.
You can RSVP for our free hybrid symposium by following this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/doing-global-media-studies-theories-practices-reflections-tickets-549735532777
Please note that portions of this event will be recorded.
Eszter Zimanyi on behalf of CARGC Fellows’ Symposium Organizing Committee