I am looking for a research assistant to help gather data for an audience research project about the Netflix show Queer Eye in Germany. I am interested in why LGBTQ+ German audiences enjoy the show and whether they chat about it with their friends online or in person.
The research assistant will be responsible for gathering data from German-resident audiences as part of a transnational study of Queer Eye audiences. Data include four focus group interviews with up to six participants as well as local trade and popular press articles about the show.
The research assistant will be responsible for:
- Translating research materials (recruitment posts and emails, survey and interview questions)
- Recruiting survey respondents
- Selecting and inviting focus group participants in collaboration with the Principal Investigator
- Interviewing focus groups on Zoom
- Translating survey responses and interview transcripts
- Summarizing German news media discussions of the show
Applicants should have the following skills, experience, and resources:
- Fluency in German
- Social science interviewing experience (focus groups ideal)
- Strong familiarity with Queer Eye (US/English version preferred, Brazil and German version a bonus)
- Familiarity with LGBTQ identities, media, and culture in Germany
- Fast and stable internet access in a quiet space
- Ability to work well in a team
This RA position pays US$18 per hour, five hours a week for up to 12 weeks.
Please email a cover letter describing your interest, skills, and experience; a CV; and the names of two recommenders to:
Professor Katherine Sender: email@example.com
This position will remain open until filled.