The publication aims to provide relevant theoretical frameworks and the latest empirical research findings in the area of child rights and the media in Africa. It will examine media roles, challenges, theories, and strategies to ensuring the realisation of the rights of the child.
Recommended Topics include but not limited to:
- Theoretical and basis of media for child rights in Africa
- Child rights and print media in Africa
- Broadcast media and child rights in Africa
- Media, social mobilisation for child rights in Africa
- Child rights and media corporate social responsibility
- Pattern of media coverage for child rights in Africa
- Media narratives of child rights in Africa
- Media and child abuse in Africa
- Constraints to media for child rights promotion in Africa
- Media impact on child rights in Africa
- Media and childhood education in Africa
- Audience perception child rights media campaign
- Media ethics and child rights coverage
- Media, child rights and sustainable development goals
- Media studies and child rights in Africa
- Indigenous language media and child rights in Africa
- New and social media and child rights in Africa
Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit on or before January 24, 2019, a chapter proposal of 1,000 to 2,000 words clearly explaining the mission and concerns of his or her proposed chapter. Authors will be notified by February 23, 2019 about the status of their proposals and sent chapter guidelines. Full chapters are expected to be submitted by April 5, 2019, and all interested authors must consult the guidelines for manuscript submissions at http://www.igi-global.com/publish/contributor-resources/before-you-write/ prior to submission.
There are no submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts submitted to this book publication. All proposals should be submitted through the eEditorial Discovery®TM online submission manager. Use the link below to access and click on Propose a Chapter.
Abstracting and Indexing: Clarivate Analytics, Scopus, Inspec, PsycINFO, Compendex
Publisher: This book is scheduled to be published by IGI Global and it is anticipated to be released in 2019.