The YECREA network is calling for early-career communication researchers across Europe to apply for 7 vacant positions as YECREA representatives.
February 15, 2019 (YECREA Representatives)
February 28, 2019 (Women’s Network YECREA Representative)
The vacant positions are in the following sections/TWGs:
- Communication Law and Policy
- Digital Games Research
- Health Communication (TWG)
- Media & The City (TWG)
- Philosophy of Communication
- Science and Environment Communication
- Women’s Network
The young scholar (YECREA) representative in each section/TWG/network assists the managing team (consisting of a chair and two vice-chairs) in organising panels, symposiums and/or conferences, promoting the specific research area. Furthermore, the YECREA representative works to inform early-career scholars about events in the field and take part in organising events, such as pre-conference workshops or meetings.
The ‘young’ in young scholar is not a measure of age, but of career progression. Thus, all scholars in non-tenure positions (e.g. PhD’s and postdocs) are welcome to apply. It should be noted that the position as YECREA representatives is not paid.
Applications should be no more than 500 words and contain the following information:
- A heading with your name and the specific position you are applying for
- Details on your current university, position and progression
- A brief description of your research
- A brief statement on your work’s connection to the specific section, TWG or network
- A brief statement on your aspirations for improving early-career research
The managing team of YECREA (Corinna Lauerer, Norbert Šinković and Johan Farkas) will evaluate applications. The final decision on candidates will be taken in collaboration with the managing teams of each section/TWG/network.
As part of the evaluation, motivation will be emphasised as well as ensuring geographical diversity and supporting new scholars in the field.
More information about each section/TWG/network can be found at: https://www.ecrea.eu/Sections
More information about YECREA can be found at: http://yecrea.eu/
Questions can be addressed to Johan Farkas (Chair): firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com