The Journal of Arab & Muslim Media Research (JAMMR)
Deadline: March 15, 2019
The Journal of Arab & Muslim Media Research (JAMMR) is an international academic refereed journal published by Intellect in the UK and specializes in the study of Arab and Middle Eastern media and society. Principal Editor: Noureddine Miladi
This special issue of the JAMMR aims at enriching the debate on digital media and social change in the Arab World and the Middle East. In an age of unprecedented technological developments, the Internet and social media networks beg persistent research from multidisciplinary scholarship in order to understand their uses, impact and changes to the way the Middle East is being experienced and reported.
Banking on the above, this special issue of JAMMR seeks to critically address this ever growing area of enquiry and revisit the field from various theoretical and empirical multi-disciplinary dimensions. It welcomes original contributions based on empirical studies regarding (and not necessarily limited to) the following themes:
- Digital media and national identity in the Middle East.
- Social Media uses and reception of Middle Eastern youth.
- Digital media as alternative platforms for news and entertainment.
- Reporting the current Gulf Crisis on Social media networks.
- Social media and transcultural/subcultural spaces in the Middle East.
- Minority media, counter-publics and political activism.
- New media and hegemonic/counterhegemonic discourses.
- Social media activism as undercurrents of power struggle in the Arab World and Middle East.
Manuscripts to be considered for publication should be submitted via e-mail to Noureddine Miladi (Editor) on: email@example.com. Each manuscript should be between 7500 and 8500 words including bibliography. All submissions will be blind-refereed.
Please refer to the Contributor Guidelines for the Journal of Arab and Muslim Media Research (http://www.intellectbooks.co.uk/journals.php?issn=17519411 ) before you formally submit your paper.
Deadlines for submissions:
- Abstracts of no more than 300 words along with the author’s bio (100 words) and author’s full contact details: by 15th March 2019
- Full papers: by 15th July 2019
- Referees’ feedback: by 1st September 2019
- Expected publication of the special issue: November 2019 (Volume 12, Issue 2)