University of Zurich
Immediately or as agreed upon, the Media & Internet Governance Division (Prof. Dr. Natascha Just) of the Department of Communication and Media Research (IKMZ) is offering two positions of Research and Teaching Associate (60% each).
Aim of the Division
The new Media & Internet Governance Division at the IKMZ analyses questions of media policy and regulation in the convergent communications sector. Alongside research on traditional mass media, the division focuses on Internet Governance, Platform Studies and New Media.
- Collaboration in research projects and research project applications
- Further academic qualification (doctoral dissertation) along the lines of the Division’s research and teaching areas
- Conference presentations and publications
- Involvement in teaching
- Student supervision and administrative work
- University degree in communication science, an adjacent social science discipline or in law (Master)
- Knowledge of or high interest in media policy, Internet governance, interest in media economics and law of advantage
- Interest in further academic qualification (dissertation)
- Knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative research methods and their application; experience with statistical and other analysis software
- Strong team orientation
- Accurate and reliable working attitude
At the earliest possible / as agreed upon
Dr. des Corinne Schweizer, email@example.com, Senior Research and Teaching Associate in the “Media & Internet Governance” Division
Your application should contain a motivation letter, CV, proof of achievement / transcripts, and a scientific contribution (for example excerpt from the Master's thesis). Please send these documents as one PDF file via email to: Corinne Schweizer, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Zurich is interested in the equality of men and women in academic positions and therefore particularly invites applications of qualified female researchers.
This is a temporary position of Research and Teaching Associate (1 year) with a possibility of renewal for up to 5 more years and a possible increase of employment percentage by way of third party funds.
The recruitment of candidates is on a rolling basis. The job offer remains open until a qualified candidate is found.