September 13-14, 2019
Department of Media Studies, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
Deadline: April 20, 2019
The Department of Media Studies invites you to the 11th International Conference Bridges of Media Education 2019 to be held on 13th and 14th September 2019 at the Faculty of Philosophy, University of Novi Sad, Serbia.
The conference aims to gather researchers from the Central and Eastern Europe (and beyond) in exchange of scientific knowledge and experience. Thematically oriented towards regional challenges and questions brought by digital technologies, it encourages the discussions about global processes and trends in the light of local specificities.
The key themes of the conference in 2019 are:
- Changing political communication in digital environment: EU elections, populism and citizen participation
- New technologies, new literacies, new responsibilities - for media, journalists and audiences
- Global digital landscapes and local challenges
Plenary speaker: Prof. dr. Mark Deuze, University of Amsterdam
Working language of the conference is English.
- 20 April 2019: Deadline for submission of abstracts
- 5 May 2019: Notification of acceptance
- 15 June 2019: Registration for the conference
- 1 September 2019: Payment of conference fee
- 5 September 2019: Submission of full papers
To submit abstract proposal please fill in the form available online: https://goo.gl/qGJBoC
One author can submit only one paper. There cannot be more than two co-authors per paper.
Your application should be sent not later than 20th April 2019. The applications received after the deadline will not be considered. All accepted applicants will receive a notice of acceptance by 5th May 2019.
Registration and participation fee
Conference fee is 25 euro for PhD students and 40 euros for other participants. Please check our website for further information on registration and payment policy.
Selected peer-reviewed papers will be published in the Edited Volume after the Conference. The deadline for submission of full length papers is 5th September 2019. Instructions for manuscript submission will be provided after 30th April 2019.
For further information or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us:
Department of Media Studies
Faculty of Philosophy, University in Novi Sad
Zorana Đinđića 2, 21000 Novi Sad
Tel/fax: +381 21 455 603