October 19-20, 2019
Pissouri Village, Cyprus
Deadline: July 25, 2019
The Symposium aims is to promote the debate on the effective participation of the citizen in the democratic system of government, which involves the citizens informing about social, political, economic, religion, cultural and environmental events. Nowadays we observe in the private and public life both the dominance of traditional and new media, which in some cases construct contradictory information, especially regarding the political life of the country. This Symposium aims is to analyze the Media and Democracy from different points of view, which could be summarized in the following topics:
Regarding the abstract submission, All proposals should be sent
- The importance of new media and the momentum that they have acquired,
- The role of social networks in democracy
- Media Representations of Brexit.
- “New” and “Old” media in the democracy countries.
- Fake News and Democracy
- The ideology and propaganda role.
- Citizen Mobilization and Political Activism in the Local, National or European Parliament Elections.
- Nationalist Movements to the Media industries.
in English, in .doc or pdf format, through the form here: https://symposium2019mediademocracy.blogspot.com
Proposals should include:
1. Contact Info
2. Title, keywords and abstract (250-300 words).
The abstract should present the aim/objectives of the work, the methodological approach, the results, and the conclusion.
Proposals should focus on the topics indicated above.
3. A short biographical statement.
Language of the Symposium: English
The Scientific Committee of the Symposium will announce in advance which proposals have been accepted for presentation at the Symposium.
Deadline & Dates:
- 25 July 2019 – Deadline to submit abstracts
- 10 August 2019 – Notification of accepted proposals
- 3O September 2019 – Deadline for full paper submission
- 19-20 October 2019 – Symposium
The registration fee is €80, covering access to all sessions, coffee break, and conference material.
This symposium is organized by Cyprus University of Technology, and is
funded generously by Pissouri Council and Pissouri Repatriated Association.
A formal application email should be sent to email@example.com