July 9-10, 2020
Deadline: May 4, 2020
The Young Researchers Conference on Cultural Policy and Cultural Diplomacy organised by Istanbul Bilgi University UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Cultural Diplomacy will be held on 9-10 July 2020 in İstanbul.
Founded in 2017, Istanbul Bilgi University UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Cultural Diplomacy aims to enhance the international cultural cooperation and dialogue, protect and promote the diversity of cultural expressions, produce capacity-enhancing programmes to support participatory cultural policy-making, and support the existing international network in this field. In line with its objectives, it carries out academic works with the Cultural Policy and Management Research Centre (KPY), which publishes the Cultural Policy Yearbook in Turkish and English annually.
Aims of the Conference:
- Raising the recognition of cultural policy and cultural diplomacy based on cultural diversity in the academic arena
- Enabling young researchers who work at the main disciplines of cultural policy and cultural diplomacy to share their research findings and open them to discussion
- Creating an international sharing and interaction platform
- Identifying the common interests of the researchers from the global South and the global North and create co-working opportunities
Participation is open to both national and international researchers who received their MA degrees or the ones who are still conducting their Ph.D. studies. Priority will be given to the candidates from the regions of Middle East, North Africa, Caucasia and the Balkans. As a result of the peer assessment, the travel and accommodation fees of a limited number of participants will be covered and they will be given three days of per diem allowance.
Candidates must send their research information, affiliated institution, telephone and e-mail addresses, resumes and research abstracts (Length of the abstract should be a total of 500 words, excluding references) to email@example.com for peer evaluation by 4 May 2020 at the latest. Each abstract will be evaluated by two reviewers.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Cultural Policy
- Cultural Diplomacy (and International Relations)
- Arts and Cultural Management
- Cultural Heritage
- Museum Studies
- Cultural Diversity
- Copyright and Intellectual Property
- Cultural Economy
- Cultural and Creative Industries
- Culture and Sustainable Development
- Cities and Culture
The panel topics will be determined according to the chosen abstracts. Papers presented in the conference will be reviewed by the scientific committee set up for the Conference with a view for their publication as a book in Turkish and English.
- Abstract submission deadline: 4 May 2020
- Notification of acceptance: 25 May 2020
- Final presentation submission deadline: 22 June 2020
- Conference: 9-10 July 2020
- Final paper submission deadline: 7 September 2020
- The conference publication: mid-december 2020
*Due to the ongoing New Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, the Conference Organisation Committee reserves the rights of changing and/or postponing the dates and location of the event. All the prospective changes will be announced to the channels of Istanbul Bilgi University’s, Istanbul Bilgi University UNESCO Chair in Cultural Policy and Cultural Diplomacy’s and conference web site within the reasonable given time as announcements.
Young Researchers Conference on Cultural Policy and Cultural Diplomacy Organisation Committee
This conference is organized with the support of the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism.