Kristiana University College, Oslo (Norway)
Kristiania University College (founded 1914) is an educational foundation with campuses in Oslo and Bergen, and online. We are an accredited college with 10,000 students, 600 employees, and currently four academic schools offering more than 100 programmes with studies in leadership, organisation, technology, marketing, communication, health and creative arts. We have had a formidable growth in recent years, and we will continue to expand. Our ambition is to become Norway’s first private independent university.
About the School of Communications, Leadership and Marketing (SCLM)
The SCLM consists of the Department of Marketing, the Department of Communications and the Department of Leadership and Organisation. It comprises an active academic environment for education, research and communications, while also leading the academic work for the development of an interdisciplinary ph.d. in Communication and Leadership at Kristiania University College. A master’s in strategic communication will start during the fall.
SCLM offers an attractive workplace with a generous working environment that strives to support and enhance our staff’s performance. We offer study programmes that are closely linked to work-life practice, providing our students with valuable insight into the professional labour market that they will enter upon completion of their studies. Today, the Department of Communication has a staff of about 20 employees.
About the position
A full-time (100 %) position as Professor is available at The Department of Communication at Kristiania University College. The position will be connected to the ph.d. program in Communication and Leadership which is under development. The starting date for the position is October 15th 2020, at the latest.
- Conduct innovative research on areas relevant to the position
- Plan and teach courses at master and PhD level in a Norwegian and International context
- Apply for external research funding
- Student guidance and grading
- Maintain a dialogue and networks within the academic community
Lecturing at Kristiania University College requires the candidate to speak a Scandinavian language and to be able to lecture in English. An exception can be made if the candidate is motivated to develop the skills to conduct lectures in a Scandinavian language within three years.
The candidate must be prepared for organisational and work-related changes.
Requirements for applicants for the position of professor
- Academic qualifications on a national or international standard for position as Professor
- Experience with participation in research projects and participation in national and international research networks
- Experience with obtaining external research funding
- Experience in student guidance, lecturing and/or study programme leadership at a university-college or university level
In addition to qualifications needed for a professor, the applicant must document:
- Development in quality of teaching and supervision over time
- Broad experience of supervision on master and ph.d. level
- Participation in development of teaching among peers
The applicant should further have competence within at least two of the following research areas:
- Strategic communication
- Organizational communication
- Crisis communication
- Ethics in relation to media and communication
- Media production
Emphasis is placed on personal suitability for the position.
We encourage applicants to send their application and necessary documentation regarding their education and practical work experience electronically, along with
- A personal statement that clearly communicates motivation and educational philosophy
- A CV with complete details about education, work experience and other educational activities
- A list of research and/or academic self-development work
- A maximum of 15 academic texts and/or publications
- A plan for the candidate’s own research
Diplomas, certifications, references and testimonials, preferably by a link to the Norwegian diploma registry Vitnemålsportalen (www.vitnemalsportalen.no/english/) or a similar international portal
Qualified applicants must be prepared to deliver a trial lecture within a relevant field of study.
Applicants must, if relevant, send confirmation of any qualification that they have which qualifies then for a senior competency position. We refer to the generalt requriements for senior competency positions in the Regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts (No: Forskrift om ansettelse og opprykk i undervisnings- og forskerstillinger), particulary to § 1-2. Applicants must be familiar with the requirements for the position they are applying for.
Applications selected for consideration may be reviewed by an expert committee.
- An exciting job at a rapidly growing university college
- A pleasant and stimulating working environment
- Modern premises in Oslo city centre
- Good opportunities for professional development
- Salary in accordance with agreement
We aim for our staff to reflect diversity in the population, to the greatest extent possible. We encourage all those who are qualified to apply.
Application Deadline: June 26, 2020.
Only applications received through our application portal will be considered
+47 907 37 088