Tools and Transformations series (HammerOn Press)
Deadline: April 1, 2021
COVID-19 is a global crisis that has affected everyone. As we recover from the pandemic, there is an opportunity to ensure that justice, sustainability and care are rebuilt into the fabric of our societies.
Articulating bold visions and sharing practical knowledge can help catalyse meaningful and lasting change.
Tools and Transformations, a new series from HammerOn Press, will publish books to further this agenda.
We welcome proposals for single authored or edited collections exploring, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Building caring economies
- Centring Black Lives
- Environmental and multi-species justice
- Regenerative finance and business
- Queer and Trans World Making
- Social enterprise and co-operation
- Health and Disability politics
- Histories of radical organisations
- Pedagogy and social transformation
- Listening and community building
- Anti-carceral feminism and restorative practices
- Storytelling and new political imaginaries
- Digital literacy and data activism
- Building alternative institutions
Books in the Tools and Transformations series will be affordable, grounded in rigorous research, be between 40,000-80,000 words and written in accessible language. The deadline for proposals is 1 April 2021.
For initial enquiries about proposing a book for the series, email D-M Withers at email@example.com or Jelena Stanovnik at firstname.lastname@example.org .
HammerOn Press is now an imprint of Intellect Books.
For information about Intellect, and how to propose a book for Tools and
Transformations visit: https://www.intellectbooks.com/…-us