Thematic issue of the scientific journal "Comunicologia" (Catholic University of Brasilia, Brazil)
Deadline: February 1, 2021
The public-health crisis caused by Covid-19 accelerated the process of migration towards online technology and the digital restructuring of social relations – notably concerning work and affective relationships.
Thus, not only the structural deficiencies in accessing technologies of digital information and communication (TDIC) but also a deficiency in technological literacy itself were evidenced in an unprecedented way. This acceleration in the use of TDIC, combined with the growing social and political discredit of scientific research, as well as the economic crisis, require a renewed intellectual effort in the light of theoretical and methodological perspectives that dare to radically re-articulate the relations between media, culture, technology, and education.
In this sense, the thematic number of Comunicologia “New theoretical perspectives on culture, technology, and education” invites the submission of articles with a robust theoretical component which propose to analyze:
– The role of the media in scientific literacy and the dissemination of information about (but not limited to) Covid-19;
– Cultural actions and the alternatives developed for culture as a profession;
– Reconfigurations of the use of TDIC in cultural and educational institutions (such as in museums, libraries, movie theatres, public and private schools, among others);
– The colonization of everyday life by digital information and communication technologies;
– The haphazard migration of education to virtual environments;
– The resignification of work relations in times of working from home. "Comunicologia" welcomes submissions from holders of Master’s or PhD degrees, especially those from Communication and Media Studies and related academic fields.
Submission deadline: February 1st, 2021
Publication: July 2021
The manuscript can be submitted in English, Spanish or Portuguese.
Please, note that no payment from the authors will be required. Guidelines for authors can be found at the journal website: https://portalrevistas.ucb.br/…ons
Further information: email@example.com
- Dr Lília Abadia (Associated researcher at the Pos-graduate Program in Education at the Catholic University of Brasilia and the National
- Post-Doctoral Program at CAPES-Brazil)
- Dr Gianlluca Simi (Researcher at Migraidh / Sérgio Vieira de Mello Chair Federal University of Santa Maria).
- Dr Carlos Ângelo de Meneses Sousa (Professor at the Pos-graduate Program in Education at the Catholic University of Brasilia - UCB; and researcher at the UNESCO Chair in Youth, Education and Society - UCB).