Department of Communication and Media Research (IKMZ) at the University of Zurich
The position is based in the division "Strategic Communication & Media Management" headed by Prof. Dr. Nadine Strauß. This division is part of the Department of Communication and Media Research (IKMZ) at the University of Zurich (UZH).
- Completion of a dissertation in three to four years
- Collaborating in existing projects and developing new projects with members of the team "Strategic Communication & Media Management”
- Research and teaching in innovative areas of strategic communication, sustainable/environmental communication and neighboring areas
- Teaching in German at BA level
- Conference participation, publications, further academic qualifications, academic service
- Excellent Master's degree in Communication Studies or related areas
- Strong interest in research of strategic communication, organizational communication, corporate communication and sustainability
- High affinity towards the topics: sustainable business models, sustainable finance, climate change and sustainable development
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative methods and data analysis (e.g. content analysis, surveys, experiments, interviews); interest and first experiences in computational methods
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
What we Offe
- The department offers an outstanding research and teaching environment, a wide range of work areas and an inspiring intellectual climate.
- The division "Strategic Communication & Media Management" fosters a culture of cooperation and mutual support towards new recruits. It offers new members excellent opportunities for national and international networking.
Place of Work
- Andreasstrasse 15, 8050 Zürich
Start of Employment
- from 1 April 2021 onwards or, in coordination with the candidate, at a later date.
Documents for Application:
- A letter of motivation addressing the match between your profile and the position
- Curriculum Vitae
- 1-2 page outline of potential dissertation idea that could fit the division's profile
- Copies of transcripts, degrees, relevant certificates
- A full text example of a representative academic work (e.g. MA thesis)
Deadline: 16 February 2021
More Info: https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/research-and-teaching-assistant-in-strategic-communication/ba3f48d9-636d-4db8-ae3d-82df1041fcdd